- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple And Green Tomato Tart With Calvados Cream Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter stick||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Tart apple||1 Large, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into thin rounds|
|Green tomato||1 Large, cored and cut lengthwise into thin rounds|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Blackberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2984 Calories from Fat 1602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.6%
Saturated Fat 113.8 g568.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572.7 mg
Sodium 131.3 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 303 g100.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 177.7 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 150.7% Vitamin C 608.7%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 350°. Prebake the pastry for 30 minutes, or until dry.
3. Arrange alternating, overlapping slices of the apple and green tomato down the length of the prebaked pastry. Sprinkle with the lemon juice. Mix the granulated sugar and cornstarch and sift evenly over the apple and tomato slices.
4. Return to the 350° oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the crust lightly browned. Slide the tart onto a serving plate.
5. In a small nonreactive saucepan, heat the preserves over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted, about 3 minutes. Strain to remove the seeds. Spread over the fruit.
6. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in the Calvados. Serve the tart warm or at room temperature, with the whipped cream on the side.