- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe Video
|Granny smith apples||1 , slice|
|Pork loin chops||1 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grainy dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 116.5 mg38.8%
Sodium 758.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 34 g68.1%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a saute pan, add the butter and sliced granny smith apples and cook slightly just to remove the crunch.
3. Fillet and roll out the pork chop and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add prosciutto, bread crumbs, sauteed apples, dried cherries and goat cheese, and roll up the pork chop.
5. Use butcher's twine to tie up the pork chop and cut off any excess twine.
6. Salt and pepper the outside of the chop.
7. In a hot skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil and sear all sides until golden brown.
8. In the meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together grainy mustard, balsamic vinegar and rosemary.
9. When the pork is golden brown add this mix over and spread evenly.
10. Pop the skillet into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and cut off the butcher's twine. Slice the pork.
12. Plate and garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.