- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple And Caramel Pie Recipe
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons)|
|All purpose flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Salt||1 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sugar/Brown sugar||250 Milliliter, well packed (1 Cup)|
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled (1.5 Liters, Peeled, Diced)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Pie crusts||2 , uncooked|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4316 Calories from Fat 1389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g239.2%
Saturated Fat 68.4 g342%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 2315.8 mg96.5%
Total Carbohydrates 732 g243.9%
Dietary Fiber 41.8 g167.3%
Sugars 400.2 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 110.4%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and salt and boil 1 minute.
– Remove from heat, continue to stir and add water and sugar.
– Continue cooking at medium heat, stirring until the sauce boils or becomes thick and creamy.
– Add apples, cover and cook at low heat 15 minutes, stirring often.
– Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, let stand to cool.
– Line a 9-inch (22-cm) pie plate with crust and fill with apple mixture. Cover with second crust and pinch sides. Make a slit in the middle to let the steam escape, and bake 30 to 35 minutes.