- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Appetizer Scotch Eggs Recipe
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 , shelled|
|Sausage meat||10 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (As Required For Frying)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 352 mg
Sodium 635.6 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0.83%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dredge the hard-boiled eggs with flour, until thoroughly coated.
2) Cover the eggs well with a thin layer of sausage meat.
3) Brush the prepared eggs with the beaten egg.
4) Roll the eggs in the fine breadcrumbs, until thoroughly coated.
5) In a frying pan, deep fry the eggs in heated fat for about 7 minutes.
6) Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels.
7) Slice into halves and serve the Scotch Eggs immediately on a serving platter.