- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Appetizer Salad Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|New potatoes||4 Large, boiled|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and blanched|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Small, cut into thin rings|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 538.7 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 201.4% Vitamin C 170.3%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a small paring knife, make a small cross on the stem end of the tomatoes.
2. In a large bowl, pour enough boiling hot water to cover the tomatoes completely.
3. Add the tomatoes to the boiling water for 2 minutes then drain in a colander.
4. Using a sharp paring knife gently peel skin from tomato starting from the small slashes made at the stem end.
5. Halve the tomatoes, squeeze out seeds and cut into wedges.
6. Peel potatoes and slice thickly.
7. Peel avocado, remove pit and in thick rings. Sprinkle lemon juice over slices to prevent discoloration.
8. Slice pepper into thick strips.
9. Wash lettuce leaves in cold water, drain and pat dry on paper toweling.
10. In a bowl, combine wine vinegar, olive oil and generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
11. In a large bowl, combine all the prepared vegetables.
12. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until well coated.
13. Chill salad until ready to serve.
14. Line salad plated with lettuce leaves.
15. Heap the marinated vegetables over the bed of lettuce.
16. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad
17. Garnish with onion rings.