- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Appetizer Puffs Recipe
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1651 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.8%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g320.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1087.8 mg
Sodium 1273.4 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 75.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.2% Iron 53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a saucepan add the butter, salt and tip the beer.
4. Heat over a medium low flame until it reaches boiling point.
5. Tip in the flour all at once and beat the mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon or thick wire whisk until it forms a ball of dough.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until the batter is thick and elastic.
7. Use a rounded tablespoon to drop the dough on the cookie sheet keeping 1 inch between each.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake the pastry for another 7 to 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
10. Let rest in an open oven for a few minutes to dry out then remove and slide onto wire rack to cool.
11. Split the puffs and fill with desired sweet or savory filling.