- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Appetizer Plate Recipe
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, halved|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon (As Required)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 423.2 mg
Sodium 415.4 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 261.1% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, mix livers, broth, onion and thyme.
2. Cover the bowl and cook on High for 4 to 5 1/2 minutes.
3. Then, cook on Medium for 7 1/2 to 9 minutes until livers are tender, stirring once.
4. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
5. In a food processor or blender or mixer, puree liver and onion mixture, reserved broth, bacon, butter, sherry, garlic and pepper until smooth.
6. Ladle the pureed mixture into a crock or small bowl.
7. Garnish with parsley and chill.
8. Serve as a spread with crackers.