- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Happy New Year (2010) Appetizer Dumplings Recipe Video
|Dumpling wraps||80 (2 packets used)|
|To marinate the pork|
|Minced pork||500 Gram|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Water chestnuts||227 Gram, roughly minced|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon (or 2 tsp)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|To fry the dumplings|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided (As needed)|
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 373.7 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor
1. Into a food processor, roughly mince the water chestnuts and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients to marinate the pork. Combine everything well.
3. Let marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, take each dumpling wrap in your hand, moisten the edges with water.
5. Spoon a little of the pork mixture in the center of the wrap and fold the edge over and seal, as shown in the video.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, place the dumplings in the pan and fry over medium heat.
7. Flip sides and fry until golden brown on both sides.
8. Add water (about 1/2 cup), cover the pan with a lid and let steam for a couple of minutes.
9. After a couple of minutes, uncover the pan, flip sides of the dumplings, pour a little more water (about 1/4 cup), cover and steam again for a couple of minutes until done.
10. Serve as it is or with your choice of dipping sauce.