- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Antipasto Vegetables Recipe
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled|
|Green pepper||1 Small, halved|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Sweet onion||1 Small|
|Cauliflower||1⁄2 Small, cut into flowerets|
|White wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 556 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 132.6% Vitamin C 107.8%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up and slice the vegetables.
2) Once the sliced vegetables hit the Fill level of the bowl, empty them into a large mixing bowl.
3) Combine together the oil, water, vinegar, sugar and seasoning in a 10-inch skillet.
4) Add the sliced vegetables and stir carefully to coat them well.
5) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer till the vegetables are tender. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
6) Add the pimiento and put the preparation in a storage container. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours.
7) Serve cold after draining properly.