- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pickled peppers||12 Ounce|
|Bel paese cheese/Mild cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Genoa salami/Other good-quality salami||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Parsley sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
|Black olives/Other mediterranean olives||2 Dozen|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1414 Calories from Fat 957
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.3%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg
Sodium 5925.9 mg246.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.2%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 53 g105%
Vitamin A 166.6% Vitamin C 186.7%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the pickled peppers and slit each pepper open with the help of the point of a paring knife. Start about 1/4-inch below the stem and continue cutting lengthwise down through the tip. Take out the seeds with a knife's tip and discard them
2) Cut the cheese into pieces which are 2-inches long and 1/4-inch thick.
3) Along the outer edge of a serving platter, overlap the salami.
4) Into each pepper, insert a piece of cheese and arrange the stuffed peppers all over the salami slices. The tips should be facing outward.
5) Rinse the cherry tomatoes and with paper towels, pat dry them. If desired, leave the stem on. Put the tomatoes right in the center of the serving platter.
6) Wash the parsley and pat dry,
7) Scatter olives all over the platter. Garnish with parsley.
8) Serve as preferred.