- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Annatto Oil or Lard Recipe
|Annatto seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil/Lard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2198 Calories from Fat 1976
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g348.5%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.7%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3360 mg140%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, heat the oil or lard in it.
2) Add the annatto seeds.
3) Cook over simmering heat, mixing many a times at intervals, until the fat changes to a rich orange color.
4) Take away from heat as soon as the color starts to lighten.
5) Strain into jar.
6) Cover the sauce pan with lid and chill.
7) The fat will stay for months.
8) Use it as required for coloring and flavoring dishes.