- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Anna's Roast Loin Of Pork Recipe
|Loin pork||5 Pound|
|Boiling water||3 Quart|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currant jelly/Apricot / guava jam||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Brown gravy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Cranberries||1 Tablespoon (On A String)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4407 Calories from Fat 2431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 283 g436.1%
Saturated Fat 90 g450%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1308.8 mg
Sodium 3390.1 mg141.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 401 g802.9%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 47.4%
Calcium 50.5% Iron 111.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour boiling water and vinegar into an oval Dutch oven (about 8-quart size). (Or use a heavy kettle, large enough for roast and liquid to almost cover, with a tight-fitting lid.) Place pork, fat side down, in liquid. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, very gently (liquid should barely bubble) 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Remove pork to shallow baking pan; stand upright, resting on bones. Sprinkle surface with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
5. Bake 20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes with vinegar mixture. Brush surface with melted jelly. Bake 10 minutes longer, until shiny and glazed.
6. Meanwhile, make Brown Gravy.
7. Remove roast to heated platter. Garnish with watercress and Cranberries on a String. Serve with gravy.