- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aniseed-Citron Bars Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Citron||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5463 Calories from Fat 2381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 265 g407.9%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g196.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.2 mg
Sodium 2071.7 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 717 g238.9%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.5%
Sugars 364.7 g
Protein 91 g181.3%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 50.1% Iron 135.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a 11 x 17-inch cookie sheet.
2) In a bowl, add eggs and beat.
3) Add in sugar and oil and mix well.
4) Stir in flour, aniseed, and soda, reserving 1/2 cup flour for later use.
5) Add in the aniseed mix to the egg mixture.
6) Coat the citron, raisins, and nuts with the reserved flour.
7) Mix well into the cookie dough.
8) Roll out on the cookie sheet.
9) Place in the oven at 350-degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
10) Cool slightly and cut 1 1/4 x 3-inch diagonal bars.
11) Use as garnish over ice cream.