- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angus Beef Filet with Potatoes Au Cru Recipe Video
|Beef filet||2 Medium|
|Purple potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and halved|
|Demi glace||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1033 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.5 mg46.8%
Sodium 6531.6 mg272.1%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring the meat to room temp.
2. Season beef filets with salt and pepper.
3. In a pan melt butter and sear filet on both sides.
4. Place it in the oven until it is brown and crispy.
5. Saute purple potatoes in olive oil.
6. Deglaze pan with cognac and add a little demi glace.
7. Add butter and the steaks and into the pan to immerse.
8. On a serving plate, place the filets, spoon over the cooked sauce, top with the potatoes and garnish with parsley.