- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angostura Pecan Crisps Recipe
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Cake flour||3 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Shelled pecans||1⁄2 Pound, finely ground|
|Angostura bitters||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.8%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg
Sodium 227.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 51.6 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and butter until creamy.
3. Put eggs in the mixture and blend further.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda and once done, put into the butter mixture.
5. Stir well.
6. Put ground nuts and bitters and stir.
7. Take well-greased baking sheets and drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon at a distance of every 21/2 inch.
8. Top the cookie with a pecan at the center.
9. Bake for 14 minutes.
10. Once baked, allow the cookies to settle at room temperature.
11. Serve warm with tea/coffee