- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Wrapped Oysters Recipe
|Streaky bacon rashers||12 Small|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||4 Drop (adjust quantity as per taste)|
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.8 mg
Sodium 91.3 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.18%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Poach oysters in own liquor for 2 minutes.
2) Trim the bacon rashers and stretch by pressing flat with a knife blade.
3) Drain oysters.
4) On a flat surface dust freshly milled pepper.
5) Sprinkle few drops of lemon juice over it.
6) With a bacon rasher wrap the oyster. Secure with skewers.
7) Put in a preheated grill to cook both sides.
8) When crisp, push off skewer and skew on each cocktail stick.
9) This after-dinner savoury makes fantastic party snacks.