- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angela's Milanese Recipe
|Steak||3⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chile pepper||2 , dried, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (Use The Thin Lemon Peel Strips)|
|Rosemary sprig||2 (Without Stems)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.8 mg
Sodium 217.2 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, beat egg along with water.
2) Dip the steak into the egg mixture and transfer to a plate containing bread crumbs, coating both sides well.
3) In a large skillet, heat oil and fry the steak till golden brown on both sides.
4) Dab with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
5) Wipe the same saucepan clean and pour oil to cover 1/6th of an inch.
6) When the oil is hot enough, add garlic, salt, chile peppers, lemon peel, rosemary, tomato sauce and the steak.
7) Stir the contents so that the sauce covers the steak well. Cook for 30 minutes on low flame.
8) Garnish with finely chopped herbs or spring onions and serve hot.