- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Pie Recipe
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 884 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 334.5 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 109.8 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Take a saucepan and add egg whites and vanilla to it. Continue to blend this mixture till it forms soft peaks.
3. Add sugar to this egg white-vanilla mixture till it forms stiff peaks.
4. Add pecans, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder to this mixture.
5. Portion out the batter on well-greased and floured 9-pieplate and cook it . Allow the mixture to cool.
6. Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes and set aside for cool.
7. Serve angel pie with dollop of whipped cream and marachino cherry.