- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Hair Chicken Olive Salad Recipe
|Angel hair pasta||4 Ounce|
|Green beans/Any combination equaling 1 pound||1⁄3 Pound|
|Snow peas/Any combination equaling 1 pound||1⁄3 Pound|
|Asparagus/Any combination equaling 1 pound||1⁄3 Pound|
|Shredded cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Halved california ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg
Sodium 183.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan cook the pasta after breaking its coils a little as per package directions and keep aside.
2. Make julienne strips of the beans and snow peas and 1-inch length cut pieces of the asparagus diagonally.
3. In a pan boil water and add beans and asparagus, let it cook for 1 minute, drain and run under cold water.
4. In a salad bowl mix pasta, chicken, vegetables and olives and keep aside
5. For making the dressing, in small skillet heat oil, add pine nuts and toast for 2 minutes or such that it is light golden.
6. Remove the skillet from heat and add garlic, pepper flakes, vinegar and salt.
7. Serve the salad after tossing the salad with dressing to coat.