- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Food Cake and Frozen Yogurt with Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup Recipe
|Sliced rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs) (With Tops And Bottoms Removed)|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, hulled, sliced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Riesling wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean||1⁄2 , split|
|Orange||1 (Use The Zest Of Orange)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Angel food cake||1|
|Low fat yogurt/Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 85.8 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 284.4%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, water, sugar, wine, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla bean and orange zest in the saucepan and stir to mix well.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and syrupy.
4. Reserving a few mint leaves for garnish, coarsely chop remaining leaves and add to pan.
5. Take pan off heat and allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes and then strain through a wire mesh sieve, retaining the syrup.
6. Cool syrup to room temperature.
7. Arrange 6 dessert plates.
8. In the center of each plate, make a pool of the syrup.
9. Place a slice of angel food cake over the syrup and top the cake with a scoop of frozen yogurt.
10. Garnish with a sprig of mint.