- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Food Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Egg whites||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 Number)|
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.8 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 271.4 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 88.3 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 0.79%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour with half of the sugar, set aside.
3) In a large mixer bowl, place together egg whites with cream of tartar and salt.
4) Using and electric mixture, beat the egg white mixture at high speed until foamy-white and double in volume.
5) While still beating add in remaining 1/8 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in soft peaks.
6) Lightly fold in flour mixture, 1/4 at a time, into egg white mixture until well mixed.
7) Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
8) Transfer the flour batter in an un-greased 10-inch tube pan.
9) Bake in a the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10) Invert the pan, placing tube over a quart-size soft drink bottle.
11) Allow the cake cool completely.
12) Using spatula loosen cake around the edge and the tube and down the sides. 13) Put a serving plate over a pan and shake gently; turn upside down; lift off pan.
14) Serve as desired or with sweetened fruits if desired.