- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Angel Biscuits Recipe
|Dry yeast package||1|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon (105° F To 115° F)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4511 Calories from Fat 1897
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 215 g330.5%
Saturated Fat 52.2 g261.1%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4515.8 mg188.2%
Total Carbohydrates 554 g184.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.8%
Sugars 51.6 g
Protein 86 g171%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 120.8% Iron 178.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Mix yeast with warm water and keep aside for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
3) To the yeast mixture, add buttermilk and keep aside.
4) Take a large bowl and mix the dry ingredients in it.
5) Cut in shortening and rub until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6) Add buttermilk mixture to this and using a fork mix those until dry ingredients are moistened.
7) Knead the dough lightly on a floured surface for about 3 or 4 times.
8) Even out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and then using a 2-inch cutter, cut it into rounds and arrange on lightly greased baking sheets.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Serve warm or cold.