- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Andrew's Turkey Soup Recipe Video
|Turkey broth||2 Liter (neck meat, organ pieces & water simmered on medium sauce pan 4 hrs.)|
|Turkey drippings||2 Cup (32 tbs) (refrigerate & skim off fat)|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Sausage||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Red potatoes||1 Pound, diced|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound, diced|
|Wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||3|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), chunked|
|Celery||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.4 mg
Sodium 913.8 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 63.8% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat turkey broth.
2. Separate meat from neck bones, chop organ pieces and return to the broth.
3. Add in the refrigerated skimmed drippings and stir well. Simmer until drippings are non-gelatinous.
4. Pour in water to the broth, bring to a boil and add in the chicken bouillon cubes.
5. Add in the potatoes, onions, carrots and return to boil.
6. Add in wild rice to the broth and simmer for 1 hr. covered.
7. Add in the bacon, sausage, turkey meat, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Cover the pot and simmer for another 60 minutes.
8. Serve turkey soup with croutons.