- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Andong Jjimdak - Korean Braised Chicken Recipe Video
|Korean glass noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (heaping tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for the sauce)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole chicken||4 Pound, cut in 18 pieces|
|Rice wine||2 Tablespoon (for marinating the chicken)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yukon gold potatoes||3 Small, peeled and cut in halves|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and cut|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, cut in 1/2 inch slices|
|Green onion||2 Large, cut diagonally|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg
Sodium 1142.2 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 45 g91%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large container, pour warm water and add glass noodles. Soak it at least 20 minutes.
2. For the sauce of the chicken: In a medium size mixing bowl, add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, mirin, molasses, sugar, dried chili, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and black pepper. Whisk well until sugar has dissolved and set aside.
3. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil and chicken. Stir-fry for a couple minutes.
4. Add sauce made earlier; stir, until chicken is coated with the sauce evenly.
5. Add 2 cups water. Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile when chicken is simmering prepare the vegetables as shown in the video.
7. Add potatoes and carrots into chicken after 10 minutes of simmering, so they have time to cook all the way through. Skim all the foams and extra fat from chicken, stir occasionally.
8. Increase heat to high, uncover; add garlic, onion and soaked noodles into chicken, stir well. Do not cover.
9. Cook for 7 minutes until onion and noodles get soften and cooked, stirring frequently.
10. Stir in green onion; cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
11. Transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and sesame oil as desired. Serve hot or warm, because of the noodles you need to serve right away.