- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Andong Braised Chicken (안동 찜닭) Recipe Video
|Chicken thigh||2 Pound|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cellophane noodles||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|Green onions||2 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Dried red pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
|For the sauce:|
|Soy sauce||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine/Water||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||2 Pinch|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 188.3 mg
Sodium 1239.3 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 48 g96.4%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the chicken pieces for a minute in boiling water. Drain the fatty water and set the chicken pieces aside.
2. Take a bowl and soak the cellophane noodles in hot water while preparing the other ingredients. Drain after sometime.
3. Take a bowl and add soy sauce, cooking wine or water, dark brown sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, black pepper and ginger powder. Mix everything together.
4. In a wide bottomed pan, place the cooked chicken pieces, pour the sauce and 3 cups of water on top of the chicken. Once it starts to boil, reduce the temperature to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
5. After the chicken is cooked add the potatoes, onions, carrot and dried red pepper into the pan along with the chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium high heat until all the ingredients are well cooked.
6. After 10 minutes add the drained noodles and green onions. Cook for 3 more minutes and turn off the heat. Garnish with sesame seeds.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
Sempio's braised chicken sauce can be used instead of preparing the sauce from scratch.