- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Andalusian Pork Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Plum tomatoes||3 Large|
|Boneless pork loin medallions||24 Ounce (4 Medallions, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Manchego cheese/Asiago / aged gouda cheese of same quantity||5 Ounce|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g50%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.5 mg49.5%
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 83.7%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Snap off the ends of the green beans.
2) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375°F.
3) Discard any fat or sinew from the meat.
4) Scatter with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5) Remove the seeds and devein the bell pepper and slice into thin strips.
6) Remove the peel and mince the garlic.
7) In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the beans for 7 minutes.
8) Remove with a slotted spoon to a colander and wash well with chilled water.
9) Arrange in a 2-quart baking dish.
10) In the same boiling water, blanch the tomatoes, then wash well with chilled water.
11) Remove the peel, finely chop, and put aside.
12) In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat and brown the pork for 3 minutes on each side.
13) Arrange the pork on top of the green beans.
14) To the drippings in the skillet,add the remaining oil and fry quickly the pepper strips and garlic by turning frequently over moderate-high heat for 5 minutes.
15) Add the crushed pepper and cook for 2 minutes and ladle on top of the pork.
16) Scatter the grated cheese on top of the vegetables.
17) Bake until the cheese browns for about one and half minutes.
18) Serve hot at once as the cheese melts.