- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crusty Anadama Bread Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Yellow corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Lukewarm)|
|Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Non fat dry milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs), unbleached|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5870 Calories from Fat 1092
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 2578.1 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1017 g338.8%
Dietary Fiber 45.2 g180.9%
Sugars 191.1 g
Protein 172 g343.7%
Vitamin A 83.3% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 189.6% Iron 363.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Mix the boiling water, cornmeal, salt and margarine well.
3) Let cool to lukewarm.
4) In the lukewarm water, dissolve the yeast.
5) Then add the dissolved yeast and the molasses to the cornmeal mixture.
6) Stir until well mixed.
7) Combine the nonfat dry milk, soy flour and wheat germ with half of the all purpose flour.
8) Add 1 cup at a time to the cornmeal mixture, beating constantly.
9) Add the rest of flour, 1 cup at a time until the dough is stiff enough to handle.
10) Turn out onto a floured board, cover with a clean cloth and let rest 5 minutes.
11) Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
12) In a large oiled bowl, place the dough, turning to coat all sides with oil.
13) Cover with a cloth and let rise in warm place (85Â°F) until double in bulk.
14) Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
15) Shape into loaves and place in two loaf pans.
16) Lightly oil on top. Cover and let rise again until double in bulk.
17) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
18) Remove the bread from the pans and place on a wire rack to cool, before serving.