- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Amy's Version Of Rocco's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Video
|Cannellini beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, rinsed (white)|
|Agave syrup||2 Tablespoon (light, Add more or less depending on taste)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted (granulated Splenda)|
|Egg whites||3 Large|
|Splenda||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (in granulated form or any other no-calorie sweetner)|
|Dark chocolate-covered cacao nibs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1215 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1721.9 mg71.7%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 36.1 g144.5%
Sugars 58.1 g
Protein 102 g204.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 28.4% Iron 71.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, combine vanilla, cocoa, cannellini beans, and the agave syrup, and blend the mixture until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down the side of the bowl halfway through blending.
4. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a whip attachment, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
5. Gradually beat in the Splenda. Continue to beat the whites until they are creamy and nearly stiff.
6. Add one-third of the egg-white mixture to the cocoa-bean mixture in the food processor. Blend to combine, about 30 seconds.
7. In 2 batches, fold the lightened cocoa mixture into the egg whites until they are almost fully combined.
8. Add cacao nibs to the batter. Fold batter until cacao beans are evenly dispersed and cocoa mixture is completely incorporated.
9. Drop mounded spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared sheets. Spread butter out to form cookies about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
10. Bake for 16 minutes, rotating the pans one turn halfway through baking.
11. Move to cooling rack and serve.
12. Serve as a healthy snack with a glass of milk or with protein shake.
Makes about 20 cookies.
Next time I will use stevia and even add in some scoops of chocolate protein powder. We really liked these and will make them again!!