- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Bread Recipe Video
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for making dough)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread flour/All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Non stick spray/Vegetable oil||4 Dash, divided (For greasing)|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pans with vegetable oil.
2. In an electric dough mixer, mix sugar, water and yeast and let it sit for 10 minutes.
3. Add vegetable oil and salt to the yeast and slowly add flour. Start mixing with dough hook and make a dough.
4. Grease a bowl, and knead dough for a few minutes. And cover the dough with a moist cloth. Let it rest for about an hour in a warm place. Punch it down and knead for a few more minutes.
5. Divide the dough into two. Make sure there is no air pocket. Roll it flat using a rolling pin. Shape it in loaf shape. Place the dough in prepared loaf pan and allow to raise for 30 minutes. Repeat the process with remaining dough.
6. Bake the dough at 350 F for 30 minutes.
7. Slice the bread and serve with hot coffee.