- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Style Bouillabaisse Recipe
|Lobster tails||6 , frozen|
|Fish fillets||3 Pound (Frozen)|
|Shrimp/Crabmeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Canned pimientos||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1922 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.8 mg
Sodium 2845.1 mg118.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50%
Sugars 45.4 g
Protein 103 g205.7%
Vitamin A 72.5% Vitamin C 88.3%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 92.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the lobsters lengthwise without removing their shells
2. Cut the fish into 3-inch sized fillets.
1) Take a pan, add the onions, carrots and garlic to it and cook them for 10 minutes over low heat.
2) Add tomatoes, bay leaf and the 3-inch sized fish fillets and 2 quarts of hot water to the pan.
3) Reduce the heat and cook the ingredients for 20 minutes.
4) Add the tail of the lobsters along with the clams and shrimps.
5) Increase the heat and bring it to a boil before adding the rest of the ingredients and simmering for half an hour.
6) Serve immediately with brown garlic bread.