- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Pie Recipe Video
|Flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apples||7 Medium, sliced|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Dash|
|Nutmeg powder||2 Dash|
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 5.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 68 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix 2 1/2 cup of flour, vegetable Shortening, white sugar, and Water. Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Peel and slice up apples.
4. Combine apple in a bowl with some lemon juice.
5. In another bowl combine brown sugar,1/4 cup of flour, some cinnamon, and some nutmeg.
6. Add the mixture to the apples and make sure the slices are coated evenly.
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out into a thin slab.
8. Cover the inside of pie dish, and slice the remaining dough into strips.
9. Add the apples to the pie dish.
10. Form a crisscrossed lattice structure with the dough strips on top.
11. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees, and then allow to cool.
12. Serve pie with ice cream.