- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Dried apricots||8 Ounce, soaked overnight|
|Seedless oranges||2 Large, rind grated and flesh thinly sliced|
|Seedless orange||2 Large, grated rind and thinly sliced flesh|
|Fresh coconut||1 , grated|
|Granulated sugar||1 Ounce|
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.7 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 81.6%
Calcium 9% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cover the apricots with water and cook gently until they become tender.
2) Blend in honey and then allow the mixture to cool.
3) Combine most of orange rind with sugar.
4) In a serving dish, make layers with oranges, apricots and coconut, with the juice.
5) Top with coconut, orange rind and sugar and refrigerate to chill.
6) Serve cold with cream, ice-cream or nut cream.