- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Amazing Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe Video
|Raw shelled peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg0.6%
Sodium 292.7 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 42.5 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.8% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Generously butter a cookie sheet and set aside.
2. In a 2 quart microwave safe dish, add the shelled peanuts, sugar, light corn syrup and salt. Stir to combine everything together.
3. Microwave the above mixture on high for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the hot dish from the microwave.
4. Add the butter and the vanilla extract in it. Stir until well blended.
5. Put the dish back in the microwave for 2 minutes again or until the mixture takes a light brown brittle color.
6. Once you get the desired color, remove from microwave and add the baking soda in it and give it a stir.
7. Pour the mixture in the buttered cookie sheet and spread it into a thin layer and and let it cool.
9. Once cooled, break it into pieces to serve.