- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Amaretto Cheesecake Recipe
|Lightly salted butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely crushed vanilla wafers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Cream cheese||2 Pound, softened|
|Sweet baking chocolate||3 Ounce, melted (German)|
|Amaretto||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Light rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 (At Room Temperature)|
|Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 549
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.9%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 260.4 mg
Sodium 501.6 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 77.2 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 1-quart saucepan, add margarine or butter and melt it for preparing crust.
3. Take off from heat and add ¼ cup sugar and crushed vanilla wafers.
4. Use a 10-inch springform pan to press the mixture on bottom and sides till 2 inches. Keep aside.
5. Take a large bowl, add 1 ¼ cup sugar, 2 tbsp Amaretto, cream cheese, salt and light rum.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat the contents to a smooth level, to prepare the filling.
7. Mix eggs to the mixture and blend thoroughly.
8. Add chocolate pieces to the mixture.
9. Transfer the filling to springform pan.
10. Use a shallow baking pan to bake for about 40 minutes.
11. Take off from oven and keep aside for 10 minutes.
12. Take a bowl and mix ¼ cup sugar, 2 tbsp amaretto and stir cream to prepare the topping.
13. Pour the topping on cheesecake.
14. Keep the cake back in the oven to bake for 15 minutes more.
15. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
16. Release the crust from pan sides and cool the cheesecake for 30 minutes again.
17. Take out from pan sides and keep for cooling for about 4 hours.
18. Cover the pan and chill the cheesecake till served.
19. Serve chilled.