- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Alsatian Pudding Recipe
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Strong cold coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lady fingers||1 Dozen|
|Shredded toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.5 mg
Sodium 29.3 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Line a shallow flat bottomed oblong pie pan with waxed paper.
3. Slit the lady fingers lengthwise into half.
4. Stir the rum into the coffee.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat with a wire whisk or and electric mixer until mixture is soft and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat until well blended in the creamed mixture.
3. Make a layer of ladyfingers to line the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle some of the coffee-rum concoction over the fingers to moisten and flavor them.
5. Spoon cream to cover the fingers.
6. Repeat the layering ending with a layer of ladyfingers.
7. Place the dish in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
8. Unmould the pudding from the pan.
9. Slice into equal size pieces.
10. Garnish with toasted almonds
11. Use a pastry slicer to serve onto individual plates.