- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Alpine Rice And Mushrooms Recipe
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 259.1 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil the rice in a pot of boiling water as per its packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
2) In a non-stick skillet, melt margarine and saute the mushrooms and green onions until they turn soft.
3) Mix in parsley, wine, lemon juice and salt.
4) Take the skillet off the flame.
5) Finally, stir in the cooked rice.
6) Garnish the Alpine Rice and Mushrooms with chopped herbs. Serve hot.