- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aloo chop Recipe
|Boiled potatoes||3 Medium, mashed|
|Chopped onion||1 Medium, finely grated|
|Grated ginger||1 Inch|
|Green chili||1 , chopped|
|Green chilli||1 , chopped|
|Mustard oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Gram flour||3 Tablespoon (Besan)|
|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon, hot (for batter)|
|Carom seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Ajwain)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Pinch|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 Pinch|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
Calories 1711 Calories from Fat 1428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g248.7%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 302.1 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 61.9%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 86.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan (I prefer mustard oil to get the authentic taste). Add cumin and mustard seeds, let it brown and splutter, add the grated onion and ginger and chopped green chili and fry till the raw smell goes off.
2. Add the mashed potato and all the spices mentioned in stuffing and the salt. Mix on low flame and finally add the lemon juice and chopped coriander. Keep aside and let it cool.
3. Prepare the batter by adding all the ingredients under batter and mix well so that no lumps remain.
4. Add 1 tsp of hot oil while making the batter and be sure to make the batter a little thick so that it coats the stuffing nicely.
5. Heat the oil for deep frying. Divide the potato mixture into equal lemon sized balls and flatten them with your palm.
6. Dip each flattened piece in the batter and deep fry till golden brown. Make sure you have 1 inch of oil for deep frying in the pan. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.