- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aloo Mattar Curry Recipe Video
|Potatoes||3 Medium, boiled|
|Frozen green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Hing)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||1 , minced|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon (Dhania)|
|Fennel seed powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Degi Mirch)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or Adjust To Taste)|
|Mango powder||1 Teaspoon (Amchoor)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon (Hara Dhania)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 528.6 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 49.4% Vitamin C 92.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peal the potatoes and cut them in bite size pieces.
2. In a small bowl mix together the ginger, green chili, coriander, fennel seed, turmeric, and paprika with ¼ cup of water.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
4. Add the cumin seeds, and asafetida and wait for the cumin seeds to crack
5. Combine the spice mix cook until spices start leaving the oil this should take about one minute.
6. Next, add green peas and half a cup of water and let it cook till tender.
7. Add potatoes and salt mix it well, while mixing mash few pieces of potatoes as that will give thickness to gravy.
8. Add about 2 cups of water and bring it to boil; lower the heat to medium and let it cook for about five minutes.
9. Add mango powder, garam masala, chopped cilantro, and slice of tomatoes mix it gently after gravy comes to boil turn off the heat and cover the pot; tomatoes will cook with the steam.
10. Serve hot with any Indian bread or with warm rice. Enjoy it!