- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aloo Gobi Curry Recipe Video
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), scraped|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chilies||4 Medium|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 51.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 159.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the potato, cut that in to small chunks and put that in cold water.
2. Wash cauliflower and cut that into florets.
3. In a blender grind together Green chilies, coconut, garlic and coriander leaves to make smooth paste.
4. In a pan heat oil, sizzle cumin seeds and add asafetida and finely chopped onion.
5. Cook until onion gets light golden color.
6. Then mix in garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
7. Then add green coconut chutney, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Mix in potato chunks, add some water and salt and cook with cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until potato is almost cooked.
9. Then add cauliflower florets, mix, cover and cook until cauliflower cooks completely.
10. Serve hot with Chapati or Rice.