- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Aloo Gobi Recipe Video
|Cauliflower||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into small florets|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cubed into bite size pieces|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon, shredded (0.5 Inch)|
|Coriander powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||2 , sliced in long pieces|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Amchoor powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required)|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 514.3 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 93.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together the shredded ginger, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and 3 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed crack right away oil is ready.
3. Add asafetida (hing) and cumin seeds to the oil and wait for the seeds to crack.
4. Combine the bay leaves and green chilies and stir for a few seconds.
5. Next, add the spice paste and stir for a minute or until spices start leaving the oil.
6. Add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 tablespoons of water and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Lastly, add the mango powder and fresh cilantro (green coriander). Mix everything and cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.
8. Serve hot with Indian bread.
Add some green peas and/or sliced red bell peppers. The red bell peppers should be added at the end of the recipe as they cook quickly. Making a paste with the spices will prevent the spices from burning.