- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Very Low Fat Green Onion And Potato Salad Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Divided)|
|Red potatoes||2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain non fat yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.93 mg0.31%
Sodium 123.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 97.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pan, boil the potatoes in salted water.
2) While the potatoes are boiling, saute the green onions in olve oil in a shallow pan over medium heat.
3) Once the green onions are light golden in color, add the minced garlic cloves. Stir lightly and turn off the heat. Set the onions aside.
4) Rinse the boiled potatoes in cold water and once they are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and cut the potatoes into chunks.
5) Put the potatoes in a bowl and add the green onions and garlic.
6) Season the ingredients and top with the yogurt. Add a dollop of mustard and mix all the ingredients together very thoroughly.
7) Serve the low fat salad at room temperature, while it is still fresh. It makes an excellent side dish, and can also be served as an appetizer or a quick snack.
For more information please visit: http://foodwishes.com