- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Truffles - Moroccan "Zellige" Cookie Variation Recipe Video
|Blanched slivered almonds||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (or blanched whole almonds- 1 cup)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon (or 2 tablespoon water + 2 teaspoon of any extract)|
|Chocolate||250 Gram, melted|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Coconut powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 8.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake the almonds for around 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
3. In a bowl, sift the powdered sugar.
4. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Keep it warm.
5. In a food processor put the baked almonds, sifted sugar and orange blossom water. Blend till it forms a paste. Make small balls with the paste.
6. Dip clean hand in the melted chocolate. Take an almond ball and coat it completely with the chocolate.
7. Put it in the desired coating and leave it there for a minute or so, before rolling it completely.
8. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
9. In a serving plate, serve the truffles chilled.
If using cocoa powder and powdered sugar for coating, then sift the truffles before putting in the fridge, to avoid lumps of powder.
Sift the remaining coatings and store in air tight container for later use.