- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Tile Cookies Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1316 Calories from Fat 621
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.4%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 102.9 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.8%
Sugars 103.4 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.2% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grease a large cookie sheet with salad oil and dust with flour (omit if using a pan with nonstick coating).
3. In medium bowl, combine egg whites, sugar and vanilla beat with wire whisk about 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy.
4. Add melted butter and flour beat until smooth and stir in almonds.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, about 4 inches apart, on- to prepared cookie sheet.
6. With small spatula, spread each to a 3-inch circle making no more than 8 at a time.
7. Bake 4 to 5 minutes until cookies are golden- brown around edge and lightly browned in center.
8. With small spatula, immediately remove cookies carefully and place over rolling pin, to curve them.
9. If cookies get too cool, return to oven, just until hot and soft again.
10. Repeat with remaining batter, oiling and flouring cookie sheet each time.
11. Serve cookies with beverages or as desired.