- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Teas Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Split blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3890 Calories from Fat 2118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g367.9%
Saturated Fat 123.2 g616.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1039.1 mg
Sodium 1026 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.2%
Sugars 137.8 g
Protein 61 g121%
Vitamin A 125.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 37.5% Iron 103.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the egg yolks.
4) Stir in the flour, salt, almonds, and vanilla.
5) Hand mix till smooth and a firm dough.
6) On a lightly-floured board, roll out the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
7) Top each with half an almond.
8) Arrange on the baking sheet.
9) Place in the oven at 400°F for about 8 to 10 minutes, till lightly browned.
10) Store in a container and keep handy as a snack for kids.