- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3065 Calories from Fat 1389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g237.9%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.6%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1762.2 mg73.4%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g129.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.2%
Sugars 204.3 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 81%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine shortening and sugars and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in and beat the egg and vanilla.
3) Combine and sift the flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
4) Blend into the creamed mix.
5) Add in the almonds and mix well.
6) Shape into two long rolls of 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
7) Wrap in a waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
8) Cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
9) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Serve as a tea time snack.