- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa Pilaf with Almonds Recipe Video
|Quinoa grain||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||1 Large, slice|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely ground|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|For the garnish|
|Lime||1 Medium, slice|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 62.1%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedShallow pan
1. Wash the quinoa in water at least 3 times, and scrub it with your hand to remove the bitterness from the quinoa.
2. Slice the green chili, finely chop the cilantro, and coarsely chop the almonds, set aside.
3. In a shallow pan pour oil and sauté the cumin seeds along with the green chili for 1 minute.
4. Add the quinoa and mix, season with salt add hot water along with turmeric.
5. Stir everything, cook the quinoa for 5 minutes on high heat uncovered and then cover and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
6. After 5 minute turn off the heat and let the quinoa cook in its own steam for 5 more minutes covered.
7. After 15 minutes add lemon juice, almonds and cilantro, mix everything well.
8. Transfer the quinoa pilaf in a serving plate and decorate it with lime slice on the side.
9. Serve the quinoa pilaf along with soup.