- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Junket Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin orange sections||2|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.94%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg0.6%
Sodium 23.4 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 45.2 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water and let it stand for 5 minutes to soften.
2. In medium saucepan, combine boiling water with 3 tablespoons sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in milk.
4. Add softened gelatin and almond extract, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
5. Pour into 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan, to make a layer about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Refrigerate until firm and well chilled—about 1 hour.
To Make syrup:
7. In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water, bring to boiling reduce heat, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
8. Add 1/2 cup water and pour into glass serving bowl refrigerate.
9. At serving time, cut junket into small cubes.
10. Spoon cubes into syrup in serving bowl.
11. Garnish with cubes of currant jelly, pineapple slices and orange sections and serve.