- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Holiday Cake Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.7 mg
Sodium 128.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 24.2 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream till fluffy.
2) One at a time, add in the eggs beating well after each addition.
3) Mix in the almonds and vanilla.
4) Sift the flour with baking powder.
5) Make a mix of cream and 1 /4 cup water and add to the creamed mix, alternating with the flour mix.
6) Sprinkle bread crumbs over a greased tube pan.
7) Add the batter into the pan.
8) Place in oven at 325 to 350 degrees for 45 minutes, till the cake test is done.
9) Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
10) Place on a wire rack and cool.
11) Crosswise cut the cake in half and spread with whipped cream between the layers and on top of the cake.
12) Garnish with whole and halved strawberries.