- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Trifles Recipe
|Amaretti cookies||8 , crushed|
|Brandy/Amaretto liqueur||4 Tablespoon|
|Raspberries||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Low fat custard||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), canned|
|Canned low fat custard||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ricotta||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Low Fat)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Slivered almonds||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.1 mg
Sodium 108.2 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 59.1 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 4 dessert glasses, line the botton with Amaretti biscuts in equal proportions.
2) Sprinkle the brandy over them and let stand for 30 minutes or until mushy and soft.
3) Layer raspberries over cookies and reserve few for garnish.
4) Spoon custard over raspberries just to cover them.
5) Combine ricotta and almond extarct together and mix well.
6) Spoon the mixture over custard and make the topping smooth.
7) Let the dessert glasses chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8) Just before serving sprinkle toasted almonds over trifles and dust with cocoa.
9) Decorate it with reserved raspberries and serve chilled immediately.