- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mother's Day Tea Cakes Recipe Video
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Full fat ricotta||12 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 Can (10 oz) (for dusting)|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked (For garnish) (Optional)|
|For almond paste|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.1 mg
Sodium 109.7 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the almond paste:
2. Using a food processor and blitz the almonds until they're powdered.
3. Add in powdered sugar, egg white and salt to it.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and almond paste.
5. Blend in one egg at a time.
6. Beat in the almond extract.
7. Spoon in the ricotta and blend well.
8. In three additions, incorporate the sifted dry ingredients, to the almond paste mixture.
9. In a baking sheet, scoop out miniature balls of dough and press flaked Almonds on top, if using.
10. Bake for 7-11 minutes or until light brown on edges.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
12. Dust with powdered sugar, arrange on a beautiful platter and serve right away.
For an alternate glaze :Whisk together powdered Sugar + Almond Extract (tip in just a couple drops in at a time) for a thick "glaze/icing" consistency. A little Extract goes a long way.